Gethsemene Rose Garden

God has sacrificed his son for me. The Bible says that as Christ was praying his sweat was as "drops of blood" the monks who tend the monestary their now Cultivate wondrous roses they say sprang from this blood. I wonder ...

Name:
Location: United States

I am here. God is doing something strange in my life and I am not sure I am comfortable with it but I am trying to adjust to what he wants ('cause after all he IS God LOL)

Friday, September 29, 2006

Thinking About Brandon

I have had a rough time all my life but I am alive. About 5 years ago I broke my wrist in two places they put a metal plate in it. My dad gave me an electric guitar and said learn to play this it will help. I tried to learn but frankly Electric Guitar is not my style after about 6 months I went to the music store. I figured I would sell it to the owner and use the cash for something I liked. Anyway while I was waiting... I found an Ovation Guitar. I fell in love it was SO easy to play and sounded Beautifull. I traded my electric and ... Well I kept teaching myself how to play. I eventually upgraded to an even nicer Yahmaha Classical and started thinking I was "not to bad" I played Fingerstyle and Classical. Occassionally I would perform music for the church. Brandon was a young guy in our church he had grown up playing guitar and was REAL good. We became real good friends. I learned Guitar from him and he learned about Sharing Christ from me (even though he had grown up in a homeschooled Fundamentalist household and new alot about the Bible, He didn't know alot about the world and how to REACH it) together we started to produce a CD. We had this VERY old 8 track recording system (it recorded on Reel to reel) we would record 4 tracks of guitar (each guitar was micked and plugged in) I played a Classical Arrangement and he did an accoustic arrangement over me as lead. We really were not Great but we had fun and we were getting better. Then he died. My guitar has stood in my living room for two years staring at me. Occasionally I pick it up and play a few minutes but... I miss him alot. I guess I will pick it up again when I am back in the world again. But That is liable to be a long time. Anyway the CD is here half the proceeds go to the Brandon Memorial Servicemans Fund (Brandon was in the Navy) a charity my local church set up after his death. There is some of our guitar work and A silly fun rap song we did using a Sony Playstation to create the background. It is a short CD the other tracks are still on Tape and I dont have a working reel to reel to get the tracks onto CD. (actually at this point I am not even sure if I have the tapes but that is another story)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home