Gethsemene Rose Garden

God has sacrificed his son for me. The Bible says that as Christ was praying his sweat was as "drops of blood" the monks who tend the monestary their now Cultivate wondrous roses they say sprang from this blood. I wonder ...

Name:
Location: United States

I am here. God is doing something strange in my life and I am not sure I am comfortable with it but I am trying to adjust to what he wants ('cause after all he IS God LOL)

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Teens' T-Shirts Make Educators Squirm

Ashli Walker rifled through a rack of designer T-shirts one recent afternoon, pondering which one she should buy and wear the next day to Eleanor Roosevelt High School in Prince George's County. The big black one that read, "TRUST ME..I'M SINGLE"? Or the snug white T-shirt emblazoned with, "I KNOW WHAT BOYS WANT"?

They're blatantly sexual, occasionally clever and often loaded with double meanings, forcing school administrators and other students to read provocations stripped across the chest, such as "yes, but not with u!," "Your Boyfriend Is a Good Kisser" and "two boys for every girl." Such T-shirts also are emblematic of the kind of sleazy-chic culture some teenagers now inhabit, in which status can be defined by images of sexual promiscuity that previous generations might have considered unhip. Continued here...

For Shirts promoting the oppositte of this article check out Gnomes R Us promoting SEXUAL PURITY instead of promiscuity.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susanne said...

Thanks for the link! I too am very discouraged by the fashions I see marketed to kids. Someone has forgotten that they are still children.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home